Monday 23 February 2009

8 things

Salam alaik.. ^_^

this is a short story about a scholar and his students..

A Scholar once asked his student:


You have accompanied me for a long period of time, so what have you learnt?


He replied : "Eight things"


The first:
I looked at the creation and found that every person has something that they love, but when that person reaches his grave, his beloved would be separated from him. So I made the most beloved thing to me my righteous deeds, so that they may be with me in my grave.


The second: I looked at the saying of 'Allah the Elevated':

But as for him who feared standing before his Lord,and restrained himself from impure evil desires and lusts.Verily, Paradise will be his abode. Quran79:40-41

So I strove against my self, repelling desires and lusts from it until it settled upon obedience to Allah.


The Third: I saw that whoever possessed something valuable would keep it in a safe and secure place, then, I looked at the saying of 'Allah the Glorified':

Whatever is with you will come to an end, and whatever is with Allah will remain. Quran16:96

So whenever something of value came into my possession, I directed it to Him, so that it may remain for me with Him.


The Fourth: I saw that people return to wealth, lineage and nobility, and they are all worthless, so I looked at the saying of 'Allah the Glorified':
the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Quran49:13

So I worked on attaining Taqwaa or righteousness so that I may be honorable with Allah.


The Fifth: I saw that people envy each other, so I looked at the saying of the Elevated:

It is we who portion out between them their livelihood in the life of this world Quran 43:32

So I left envy and jealousy.


The Sixth: I saw them taking each other as enemies, so I looked at the saying of the Glorified:

Surely, Shaytaan (Satan) is an enemy to you, so take (treat) him as an enemy Quran35:6

So I left their enmity and took Satan as my only enemy.


The Seventh: I saw that they humiliate themselves in pursuing provision, so I looked at the saying of Allah the Glorified:

And no moving (living) creature is there on earth except that its provision is due from Allah. Quran 11:6

So I concentrated on what was due to Him from me, and left what was due to me to Him.


The Eighth: I saw them dependent upon their trades, professions and health, so I depended upon Allah the Glorified.

And whosoever puts his trust in Allâh, then He will suffice him Quran 65:3


Mukhtasar Minhaaj al-Qaasideen.

Regards to Ahmad peradilla


Wallahua'alam

No comments: